It snowed today. Snowed. It’s April 9th. It was 65 degrees last week. MAKE IT STOP!!!
If you couldn’t tell, I’m over the whole snow thing. I’m ready for spring and warm weather. So I’m a little grumpy this morning. To help get me out of my snow depression, I thought I would make this list of awesome inexpensive things that always make me happy. Because there’s nothing better to lift your mood than things that are both fun and thrifty. Here they are:
1. Discounted Holiday Candy: Never buy candy before the holiday. Always wait til just after it’s over. Easter candy is crazy cheap right now. I got a giant bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs yesterday for $1.99 at Rite Aid. Those are normally like $5.99. Bargain! Stock up my friends.
2. Jam Sessions: Some people (aka my dad) would say that my taste in music is questionable. I prefer to think of it as eclectic. But no matter what’s on your playlist, I think we can all agree that nothing lifts your mood faster than turning a favorite song up loud and dancing like no one is watching (which in my case I really hope they aren’t). Dance therapy is the best because at the most you’ve invested like $1.99 on your song of choice, which when you take into account the approximately 1 billion times I have listened to She Looks So Perfect by 5 Seconds of Summer makes for a really low cost per listen. #math
3. Theo and Beau: If you don’t already follow this toddler and his puppy on Instagram, do it now! They are adorable. They are best friends. They nap together and snuggle and it is impossible to look at their photos and not smile. Plus now they have a new little sister named Evie who joins their naps so their photos have gotten cuter, if that is even possible. Scrolling through their Instagram is the best free therapy there is.
4. Old Episodes of Lizzie McGuire: Were you aware that you can watch all the episodes of Lizzie McGuire online for free? WERE YOU?! This is a phenomenal fact that can make any bad day better. This show was my childhood. I wanted to be Lizzie McGuire. And re-watching old Lizzie episodes brings back all the things from the early 2000’s that today’s world is missing: weird multi-level ponytails, instant messaging, and saying “I’m outtie” when you leave a room. Watch it. I promise you will not regret it.
5. New Nail Polish: Bright finger nails make the world a happier place. Even if it’s still winter outside, you can bring a little spring into your life with pastel nail polish. Or skip right ahead to summer with neon pink. Go crazy! The best part is you can get super cheap nail polish for $2.99 at Rite Aid and paint it on yourself, saving you the cost of a professional manicure. Plus you can always ask your roommate to help you with your non-writing hand.
What are your favorite fun and thrifty things?