Looking for a deliciously yummy Valentine’s treat that’s easy on your wallet and baking skills? Try this recipe for White Chocolate Covered Oreos! I made some last night and they are the best. I used white chocolate and pink sprinkles so they look festive but you can do whatever color combo you like. They were so simple to make it was almost impossible to mess them up (and trust me if anyone can screw up a recipe it’s me! I have burned water before . . . ). So if you’re baking for your sweetheart, friends, or coworkers this February 14th try these!
1 package of Oreos (I got double-stuffed but you can get whatever flavor you prefer!)
2 packages of white chocolate chips ( I started out with only one bag and ended up needing more)
1. Spread Oreos out evenly on cookie sheet.
2. Melt white chocolate. A double boiler over simmering (not boiling) water works best. But if you’re too cheap to buy a double boiler (like me) you can fit a bowl over the top of a regular saucepan to melt the chocolate. Or you can use a microwave. The key to melting chocolate correctly – MAKE SURE IT DOESN’T GET WET! If any liquid gets into the chocolate it will burn, so be careful and take your time.
3. Once chocolate is fully melted and smooth, dip one Oreo into chocolate until it is completely covered. Place the covered Oreo back onto cookie sheet.
4. Shake sprinkles on top of coated Oreo and then repeat for each cookie.
5. Once you have coated and sprinkled all of your Oreos, place cookie sheet into refrigerator for 3-4 hours or until chocolate has completely hardened.
6. Try not to eat all 24 Oreos at once and ENJOY!
Happy Valentine’s Day! XOXO