Hi Everyone! This is my very first blog post as “Kelsey from Casco FCU.” I’m so excited (as you can see from the picture – gotta love puppies)!!!
Starting today I will be be updating my blog regularly with all kinds of ideas on how to make the most out of your money. As a young 20-something on a budget, I know how hard it can be to make important financial decisions. Any money-related decision, from small things like how you do your grocery shopping to big things like saving for retirement can make a huge difference in what you can afford at my age. I’m a firm believer that you can be smart with your money and live on a budget AND still be able to afford the things that are important to you; it’s all about spending smart and finding out what works best for you and your money.
Here are a few of the topics I plan to cover in upcoming posts:
– Fitness for FREE (or at least really, really cheap)
– Business Outfits on a Budget
– Retirement Savings for the 20-something (or why you should start saving NOW)
– Emergency Funds: Why It’s Important to Have a Secret Stash of Cash
– Saving for Special Events (Christmas, Weddings, Birthdays . . .oh,my!)
– The Credit Union Difference
– Shopping for a Car (and a loan) Made Easy
– Moving Out! My Experience Looking for a Place of My Own
– How to Use a Credit Card Without Getting into Debt
– DIY Budget
I am looking forward to sharing my knowledge in future posts and to continue on my financial learning journey.
-Kelsey at Casco FCU